2011年9月3日 星期六

don't push me around!

I hate to burst your bubble. "burst one' s bubble "”打破幻想”或"潑人冷水"
例句:
A: I dream of going to study at Princeton University. 我夢想能到普林斯頓讀書。
B: I' m sorry to burst your bubble, but your grades are too low. You'll never get accepted to Princeton. 我抱歉我打碎你的美夢,你成績太差,普林斯頓不會錄取你的。
I' m feeling a little left out. "left out "”被冷落了”
例句: I felt left out when my friends forgot to invite me to the party. Lily他們聚會沒請我,我覺得自己被遺忘了.
I'm sharp. "sharp "”注意力很集中,腦袋很靈光”
例句:
You need to be sharp when you negotiate. 你談判的時候你可要注意力集中啊.
Are you still trying to pull something on me? "pull sth on sb "”蒙,欺騙”
例句:
I caught them trying to pull something on me in the meeting. 他們騙我的事讓我在會議上當場逮到。
You can just push around. "push around "”把......呼來喚去,擺佈”
例句: The company is getting pushed around by competitors. 公司正被對手擠兌.
如果有人指揮你一下做這個一下作那個,你就可以用這一句:
”Hey! Don't push me around。
The two arepretty much the same. pretty much, 幾乎
例句:The result of the ballot is pretty much what we expected.投票的結果和我們預料的差不多。

沒有留言: